Text size :
1. We, the ASEAN Ministers on Agriculture and Forestry and the Ministers of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea held our Sixteenth Meeting on 7 October 2016 in Singapore, under the Chairmanship of H.E Lawrence Wong, Minister for National Development & Second Minister for Finance of Singapore.
2. We were pleased with the good progress made in the implementation of the ASEAN Plus Three Cooperation Strategy (APTCS) on Food, Agriculture and Forestry 2011-2015. Several number of cooperation activities and projects in the forms of workshops, seminars, trainings and exchange of experts and researchers were carried out under the nine Strategic Thrusts of: strengthening food security; biomass energy development; sustainable forest management; climate change mitigation and adaptation; animal & plant health and disease control; enhancement of capacity-building and human resource development;; strengthening of information system and knowledge networking and exchange; enhancement of productivity, quality and marketability of agricultural products; and research and development. 3. We appreciated the progress in the implementation of the ASEAN Plus Three Emergency Rice Reserve (APTERR) Agreement, in particular the approval of legal personality of APTERR Secretariat by the Government of Thailand. We noted the implementation of the Tier 3 programme with the distribution of rice donated from Japan to the victims of typhoon and drought in the region.
4. We noted the progress in the development of the ASEAN Plus Three Food Security Information System (AFSIS) to provide a comprehensive platform of information on food security in the region and to improve statistics on food processing and distribution related to the agricultural crops in ASEAN, which is being conducted by the AFSIS Secretariat.
5. As the ASEAN Plus Three Cooperation Strategy (APTCS) on Food, Agriculture and Forestry 2011-2015 has ended in 2015, we welcomed the initiative to conduct an assessment on the implementation of the APTCS and to formulate a post-2015 Strategy. The new Strategy should be in line with the Vision and Strategic Plan for ASEAN Cooperation in Food, Agriculture and Forestry 2016-2025 and the ASEAN Economic Community Blueprint 2025. We looked forward to the development of the new Strategy beyond 2015.
6. The ASEAN Ministers extended their appreciation to the Plus Three Countries for their commitments to enhancing ASEAN Plus Three cooperation in Food, Agriculture and Forestry.
7. We will meet again at the 17th Meeting of AMAF Plus Three in Thailand in 2017.
8. We expressed our sincere appreciation to the Government and the people of Singapore for their warm hospitality and excellent arrangements made for the 16th AMAF Plus Three Meeting.
The Meeting was attended by:
© Copyright Ministry of Primary Resources and Tourism, Brunei Darussalam. All Right Reserved.